If you’ve decided to go for varicose vein treatment, know that there are two options to choose. Either you go the natural way, or skip everything and remove your diseased veins right away with surgery. You have full control over this decision. However, we highly advise that you follow your doctor’s recommendation. Either way, this article will provide information that will help you understand your choices so you can talk to your doctor about them. At the same time, you can also customise your varicose vein treatment Mount Gambier options. That way, you can make sure that you’re entirely comfortable and okay with the entire treatment programme.
Get the Facts
Here are your options:
- Accept surgery or procedure to close or remove your varicose veins.
- Try home care treatment methods to improve your symptoms. Go for exercise, prop up your legs when you’re resting, lose weight, or wear support compression stockings when needed.
Here are some Key Points to remember:
- Try some things at home first and see how it goes before you ultimately decide to go for surgery.
- Having surgery or procedure is the better option if you’re thinking about long-term goals, and you care about how your legs look. Keep in mind that home treatment doesn’t change the look of your varicose veins; it will only reduce the symptoms.
- Having surgery is the ideal choice if you care about how your legs look.
- Surgery can potentially leave tiny scars on your legs.
The size of your varicose affects the type of varicose vein treatment Mount Gambier that you have. If you have larger veins, you are likely to have surgery (stripping and ligation) or less invasive procedures such as radiofrequency. On the other hand, small to medium-sized veins are usually treated with sclerotherapy, external laser treatment, or micro phlebectomy – a minor type of surgery.
- Procedures used to close varicose veins and prevent them from coming back seem to work about the same time. These procedures include
- laser treatment
- Radiofrequency closure
If you have private insurance, check if it can cover the cost before you proceed with any procedure. Some private insurance companies tend not to cover procedures that are considered as only being done for personal, non-medical reasons.
Always make sure you assess every factor before you decide on whether or not you should go for varicose vein treatment Mount Gambier. For an expert, one-on-one consultation with a medical practitioner who specialises in varicose vein treatment, visit your nearest vein specialist.