One of the reasons why some homes don’t feature a gutter guard on their gutter system is that people simply don’t want to spend money on them. They prefer making their gutter guards than spending their precious money on something they don’t even get to see. Well, first of all, a gutter guard Adelaide is an essential part of your entire gutter. It prevents you from having to climb up to your roof and clean your gutters regularly. So even if you don’t see it, you can feel the impact of its presence. Second, a DIY gutter guard is beautiful, but you should know that it also has its fair share of downsides. If you’re going for the DIY route, then consider the advantages and disadvantages of a DIY gutter guard.
Foam Gutter Guard
Foam gutter guards are long pieces of thick foam that fit into your gutters. The dense foam allows moisture to pass through your gutter system while filtering away leaves and other debris from entering your gutters.
- Foam is super easy to install. Simply insert each pre-cut piece of foam inside your gutters, and you’re all set.
- You will need to purchase the foam and make sure it’s the exact size of your gutters.
- Roof debris easily settles onto the foam’s surface, which gradually restricts water flow.
- The foam needs constant replacement since it can quickly disintegrate after too much exposure to the elements.
Mesh Gutter Guard
A mesh gutter guard Adelaide covers the entire opening of your gutters. You can secure them using screws. Mesh guards feature tiny holes that allow rainwater to flow into your gutter while keeping out the debris.
- Easy to install.
- Can effectively keep the leaves out of your gutters.
- Fits perfectly with most gutter sizes.
- Unseen; which means it doesn’t disrupt your outdoor curb appeal
- The mesh can be clogged by tiny roof debris.
Screen Gutter Guard
Screen gutter guards can be made using vinyl, aluminium, and galvanized steel materials. They allow rainwater to flow into your gutter while keeping the leaves and other debris out.
- A screen gutter guard Adelaide is known for its strong and durable features.
- Easy to install. Doesn’t need any attachment screws or supporting arches.
- Easy removal for cleaning small debris that can get through and potentially accumulate.
- As said, smaller debris may enter or collect on top of the screen.
- Requires regular maintenance (at least once a month).