Missing teeth can drain away all the confidence you have inside you. It will make you feel shy, self-conscious, and afraid to eat, talk, or even smile. If you’re dealing with this problem every single day and would like to change your life for the better, then it’s time that you get to know the best teeth replacement Adelaide procedure – dental implants!
What Is a Dental Implant?
Dental implant surgery is a process of replacing or refilling any empty slots in your teeth rack with artificial tooth “roots”. These false teeth are surgically placed in your mouth. Made of 100% titanium and bone-like ceramic materials, dental implants are compatible with your jawbone, fusing with it to support a crown, bridge, or full denture.
There are two types of dental implants: an endosteal implant, which is the most common and is placed directly in the jawbone. On the other hand, we have the subperiosteal implants, which is positioned on the bone for patients with inconsistent bone height or are unable to wear traditional dentures.
Advantages of Dental Implants
Due to the many advantages that they offer, surveys confirm that more than 5.5 million dental implants are fulfilled annually by dentists in Australia. Here are some of the reasons why they are super popular right now:
- Implants stay put; they don’t slip off, shift, or swivel. This gives you maximum stability and security as your natural teeth.
- Implants are like your natural teeth; they are cleaned in the same manner as your real teeth. That means you won’t need to take them out at night for soaking or cleaning like dentures.
- Implants do not need the support of the adjacent teeth as dental bridges do. Therefore, you won’t lose any tooth structure.
- Implants prevent the shifting of nearby teeth, preserving the contour of your face and your jawbone.
- Dental implants are an ideal cosmetic solution to your missing teeth; it allows you to chew, speak, and smile with confidence.
Will a Dental Implant be Good for You?
As convenient and beneficial as this teeth replacement Adelaide procedure is, you should know that dental implant is not for everyone. Some factors would potentially negate you from qualifying for an implant. If you have healthy gums, enough bone support, and have excellent oral health, then you’re more than qualified for an implant. To know more about this, book an appointment with your dentist now and see the options that they offer.